Thursday, November 22, 2018

It'sThanksgiving again


Wow the years go by and the memories pile up! Some are good and some not so much. I remember the first time I hosted a family Thanksgiving. My father didn't trust me with the turkey so he stopped by to make sure I didn't poison anyone. Everything turned out well for a first time effort.

As every mother knows the time will come when the job of hosting a holiday meal will fall to someone else. For the last four years the people sitting at my holiday table have numbered two, my oldest son and myself. Most of my immediate family live out of state and my daughter prefers not to include us.

Since my son has been living with me he has chosen to use his grill to cook the turkey. This year the smallest one he could find at Walmart was almost 18 lbs. He decided it was too big to barbecue so I get to go back to cooking it in my oven. Yay! Just goes to show if you wait long enough everything comes back!

This morning the turkey is thawed, the pumpkin pie is chilling, the vegetables for the dressing are chopped and a bowl of cranberry salad is in the refrigerator.

It is Thanksgiving once again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment