Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Feedback is a good thing

It's always helpful for writers to get positive feedback for their work. It offers encouragement and hope that others will like what they are offering too.

Out of curiosity I shared my magazine submission, I Killed My Best Friend, with a couple of real friends. The  response I received was very helpful, even if my article is not accepted.

The first friend is also an author and her response (in part) was: "I liked your submission. It was engaging, held my attention and I was curious to keep reading to find out the ending. I applaud your journey. It is a good read."

I got feedback this morning from the other friend. I was kind of holding my breath because she had a problem with the title. I laughed and told her to forget the title and just read the article. She did and her response was :" It is awesome!" 

I truly thank my friends for taking the time needed to read and respond. Now I just hope the magazine subscription editor accepts what I am offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment