Sunday, July 15, 2018

An unexpected gift

A question on Facebook this morning was: What would you do if you woke up tomorrow with one billion dollars? Never having had an abundance of money I found that to be a very interesting question.

The first thing that popped into my mind was to set up educational funds for my youngest grandson, still in high school, and my three great grandchildren.

Next was to move to a better house in town, keeping in mind that at some point I may need to be closer to stores and medical facilities than I have been for the last thirty eight years. I have no desire to move from Cibola County, New Mexico

I would then look for an honest financial advisor and invest a portion of the money so that I would never again have to worry about unexpected expenses.

I would find a publisher interested in the manuscripts I have written.

If anything is left I might try my hand at traveling.  I have always wanted to explore a Scottish castle.

The question is a pipe dream and I doubt that it will ever happen but it is interesting to see what my priorities are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment