Friday, July 6, 2018

Believe in yourself

For the last few weeks I have been toying with the idea of starting a writing group again. My previous experience was with adults and elementary students. My purpose for both groups was to inspire the participants to write. I didn't much care what they wrote as long as they wrote!

I feel sorry for my guide, Richard. I often refuse to see what he is trying to get me to see. Poor guy! I am not looking forward to the conversation we may have when I leave earth.

I put out a few flyers and didn't get a response, not one. What the hell is that about I wondered? I decided I probably needed to wait until school starts in the fall. People are busy in the summer months and really don't want to be tied down to anything they have to do on a regular basis. Alright, Richard, I got your message. I will hold off for a few weeks.

Further thought about a group was I do not desire to attract experienced writers. Hey they have their own things going for them. I want to attract people who have always wanted to write but were never encouraged to do so. I also want the participants to have fun while learning.

An idea popped into my brain to combine the fun things I did with the children's group with a group of adults. Why not? The brains are the same, just a little older!

Speaking of brains, I gave the idea a little more thought, which led me to redo the flyer I had created. This is the new version. It could of course, change before it is time to let the community know my plans. Only time will tell. As I read what it said I realized just how qualified I really am to take on such an adventure.

I think I heard Richard whispering in my ear, "Just how much experience do you need before you believe that you are a writer? By the way, you are a damn good one!"




Creative Writing #101 

Organizer: author Barbara Loure` Gunn

Published books: Wake Up! & A Gathering of Spirit
Amazon E-books: Journey of an Enlightened Egotist & Spirits of Cibola County
Former Cibola Beacon Columnist: Another Angle & Who We Are
Blog: www.subconsciousmessages.blogspot.com  
 
If interested in joining a fun writing group please call Barbara Gunn 287-7278



No comments:

Post a Comment