Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A personal reminder

Every six months to a year I pay a visit to my dermatologist. Having fair skin and living in New Mexico (previously California) I have been very prone to pre skin cancer, especially on my hands and face. The first doctor I went to kept telling me, "it isn't what you do now it is what happened years ago". I never really sat out in the sun, so I don't know what that is about. Perhaps the Swedish skin I inherited doesn't mix with the sun.

This is the result of my dermatology visit yesterday. Along with several spots that he froze he also took a sample of a growth between my fingers for a biopsy.

The only reason I am posting this is to encourage my readers to keep a watchful eye out and have anything that you are concerned about checked by a doctor. It's better than letting it go and ending up with skin cancer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment