Sunday, January 14, 2018

A final decision

For a few months I have been trying to decide what I want o do with the floors in my living room and dinning room. They are still covered with 30+ year old carpeting. I have been going back and forth while we keep sneezing away.

My final decision has been made- I hope!

I have decided to extend the vinyl that we put in the kitchen to the dinning room and short hallway to the master bedroom. I definitely don't want carpet in there anymore. Vinyl will be much easier to clean and will lighten up the room. I called Home Depot yesterday to make sure they still had it in stock. Yes they do and we will pick it up next weekend. Yay!

Next, or rather first, tomorrow I will check with a local carpet store to see what I can find to replace the living room carpet and short hallway at the other end. I need to find something that is pet friendly and reasonably priced. I just don't want to give up carpet all together, as the bedrooms and my office are now vinyl.

That only leaves the family room which will be fairly easy to do with vinyl, as it is 20'x20'. My goal is to have all floors finished by early spring. No more sneezing!

As I looked around I took inventory of what was in each room and realized that since my divorce, after 27 years of marriage, I had actually replaced every piece of furniture on my own. That is quite an accomplishment considering what my income has been since 1999. I must be doing something right as I owe nothing to anyone.

Even though owning a house has been challenging at times ( like replacing the furnace and water heater) I am grateful that I own. It allows me to do anything I want with it and I don't have to ask a soul for permission.Since owning my house was mainly made possible by my deceased in-laws I feel it is my responsibility to keep it in the best condition that I can afford.

So this is not only my final decision but a realization that all is going just the way it is supposed to go. As my good friend Lois would say onward and upward! Not so sure about upward though!


No comments:

Post a Comment