Saturday, March 25, 2017

What do you look like?

I've been searching for an interesting topic to write about today and thanks to a Facebook friend who asked a question I found something that triggered a memory.

My friend is also a published author who is working on a new fictional piece involving a conversation in heaven. His question was, in the afterlife (heaven) how do you see other people? The answers were interesting, mostly depending on what or where the person answering thinks heaven is. The question brought an immediate response from me.

I replied that since we leave our bodies behind when we exit this life I believe we are simply sparks of light and furthermore communicate by telepathy. My response brought forth a photograph I took several years ago when I was contemplating what a soul looks like. This is the picture I took.


From somewhere in my memory it just fit my question. A soul looks like a spark of light when it has not merged with a body.

In thinking a little more about my friend's question, I also tend to believe that the place humans call heaven is not up. It is all around us out there somewhere. I do believe from my own experience that some souls are capable of appearing in the form of a spirit that may resemble someone we knew in our life. As a matter of fact this picture has the image of a lady in the foreground of the water. When I first saw her I thought she looked like Aunt Bea from the old TV show. It made me smile!

I'm sure there are many people who will disagree with my thoughts, but we all have been given free will. I once did have a friend who may have memories of living without a body and I really wanted to talk to him about that. As sometimes happens it just didn't work out the way I wanted it to.For the most part I believe amnesia is part of the universal plan allowing us to live in the now not the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment