Thursday, March 30, 2017

If you don't laugh then what?

Today's post is the continuing story of my new oven and cook top. It's all true- really it is!

Yesterday left me waiting for a return phone call from the appliance repairman that never came. He did call this morning and said he was on his way. I should have been suspicious when he added he was going to measure and see what I needed. The only thing I needed was to have him install the new appliances still sitting on my back porch. As far as measuring goes we both knew the new items were slightly bigger than the ones to be removed. The old ones were 40 years old and they don't make them that size now, plus the manufacturer is no longer in business.

An hour later he had measured the old appliances, and removed from their boxes and measured the new ones. He also disconnected the gas and took out the old cooktop from it's home. It is now sitting on my back porch along with the new model. As I went to work cleaning the space it had occupied the repairman said I'll be back in awhile. I need to pick up the carpenter who is going to make the spaces bigger.

I continued to clean 40 years of grease from the counter and removed items from the cupboards, giving him plenty of room to install the new appliances. Then I waited. I know I have said that before. This time I was also without a working cooktop as well as a working oven.

About three hours after the repairman left I got a call from him with an update. The carpenter he was going to pick up was working in another town today. When he is finished he will attend to my job. I really would have thought the connection with the two would have been previously discussed.Wouldn't you?

So now I am again waiting. I can't really go anywhere because I don't know when they will show up to finish the job that was started this morning. I called my son and told him he may need to pick up a pizza on his way home from work tonight. I do have the makings of a spinach salad to go with it, which doesn't need cooking.

Thinking about this whole experience I realize I have two choices. I'm beyond being angry so I guess I will just have to laugh at the ridicules situation.

BTW I did check out of curiosity and Mercury isn't due to go into retrograde until April 9.


No comments:

Post a Comment