Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Cooking up memories

This morning I was looking for a recipe called Busy Day Cake that I used to make years and years ago when my sons were little. It was easy and didn't take much to put it together. To make a long story short I couldn't find it in my recipe box.

I knew what it was called and so I googled it and guess what? I found it! So I made it and frosted it with some leftover chocolate frosting. And now I am going to share it with my readers. The recipe that is not the cake.

1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 3/4 cup milk, 1 egg, 1/2 cup shortening, 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt.
grease and lightly flour a 9x9 inch baking pan. Combine all ingredients, beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Bake 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment