Saturday, March 4, 2017

Following the crowd or not

Today's post is a follow-up to yesterday's post regarding my memories of past lives. The person I was talking to does not believe in reincarnation because she claims the Bible says "we only live one life". I don't remember where she said that came from, but she believes everything in the book is absolute truth. She has read it cover to cover several times and once told me she reads passages every morning before she even gets out of bed.

About the only thing we agree on is that the Bible was written by an accumulation of people (some saints, some sinners and some ordinary souls like you and me; all inspired by the Creator). I believe the stories shared were meant to be a guide and were never meant to be taken as literally as some people do.

Who is to say their recollections were absolute and not swayed by a past experience? It is a well known fact that no two people ever see the same thing.

In recent years there has been much scientific evidence proving that reincarnation is not just a pipe dream, like the drug induced story of Alice in Wonderland. Edgar Cayce did some very convincing studies on the subject. The book, Journey of Souls, by Michael Newton,PhD.is also a terrific source of information about what happens after a soul separates from its human body, re-enters the spirit world and eventually chooses another body to bond with. The information was gathered from hypnosis sessions, taking subjects to the "theta" stage of consciousness and encouraging them to share their past life memories. It is a fascinating book that I recommend to anyone interested in reincarnation.

As I picked this book up from my bookshelf I briefly considered loaning it to the person I had been talking to. Then I decided there was no point in doing that because she wouldn't believe it anyway.

There is a whole lot of information out there that has never before been uncovered. I for one am grateful that I live in a time of universal awakening and that my soul is allowing me to accept this new train of thought. Perhaps my job is to help others awaken too.

No comments:

Post a Comment