Sunday, December 4, 2016

If it isn't broken don't fix it

The birthday gift I received from my oldest son was a new updated Farberware electric grill. We used it this morning for pancakes and I must admit it was nice not to have to spray the grill to keep them from sticking.

The grill I had been using still worked and had an amazing history.

It had belonged to my mother-in-law who died in about 1995. She had used it every Sunday to feed guests who dropped by for breakfast, for more years than I knew her. A guess would be at least 30. So that would make it around 50 years old and still working, as I reminded my son.

I also decided I was not going to throw the old one out just because it was old. On my way to the grocery store this morning I dropped it off at our local thrift shop after including a note saying- it works.

As I set it down I quietly said, "there you go Mom!" I can imagine she was smiling and will probably smile even more if someone takes it home and uses it to feed her guests and family.

This story reminds me of the energizer bunny, it just keeps going and going!


No comments:

Post a Comment