Saturday, December 31, 2016

That's not your job

Looking back at the souls who are no longer in my life causes me to ask myself what do they all have in common? With the exception of those who have died (I didn't do it, honest) they pretty much do have something in common. They all tried to tell me how to live my life. I have one thing to say to them all and that is- that's not your job!

Wow the universe has gone to extreme means to teach me that lesson. I remember seeing an illustration of a guardian angel covering her/his eyes at the thought of how stubborn their assigned soul was. That angel could have been mine, with the added caption, will she never learn?!

There is a very big difference between supporting and offering advice and someone who insists they know exactly how I should act and react to any given experience. It only took 78 years to understand that simple fact.

A new word came into my life today and it is paradigm, a way of thinking. It is something I need to update. For years I have listened to a silent negative voice that keeps me from moving ahead. My one goal for 2017 is to knock that voice on its ass and continue to live my life as if it didn't exist. I know it isn't going to happen overnight, but I am going to practice until I succeed.

Happy 2017!!

No comments:

Post a Comment