Thursday, December 29, 2016

I wish I had that

I found this wonderful illustration as a tribute to Debbie Reynolds and her daughter Carrie Fisher who both moved on to a better place this week. Debbie's last words were, "I want to be with Carrie".  She was 84 and her daughter 60.

I grew up with musical stars like Debbie Reynolds, Gene Kelley, Fred Astaire, Mitzi Gaynor and Jane Powell and loved every minute of it. It is my idea of music and great entertainment.

I also grew up and still live in a family that is not close and probably never will be. Our family is very much like someone took a box of puzzle pieces and scattered them. I have never known the closeness that souls like Debbie and Carrie shared. I wish I had that if only for a moment.

I wonder what it would feel like to have family members that really love each other. Apparently, as close as I can come in this life time is a rewarding relationship with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment