Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Counting down

Only three more days left in 2016. Wow what a ride this has been!

Many souls didn't make it to this point. Apparently that was their destiny and they finished their earthly assignment this time around. I have no desire to join them as I feel there is still plenty that I am supposed to do before that day comes. Of course, I could be wrong. We never know for sure when that day will be.

I am reminded of an acquaintance who decided that she knew the exact day her human life would end. She even celebrated by having a party with her friends and gave many of her prized possessions away to them. Her  selected day came and nothing happened. I went to visit her and reminded her that she couldn't tell God when she was going to leave earth. She laughed and replied meekly, "I know".

Even though there are many of us who see doom and gloom in the days and possibly years ahead, perhaps our creator thinks we are strong enough to deal with whatever happens. I look at the state of America and shake my head thinking- how in the world could this happen? Was everyone given a sleeping pill right before the election? Perhaps the Queen is right, maybe she should take back America.

Oh well I'm just along for the ride. I'm sure there is a humorous side, but I'm still looking. It will be interesting to have such a one of a kind being filling the shoes of some great and not so great men. Just remember this too shall pass!

Personally I feel a weight lifting as I get ready to enter 2017. Even though I was recently diagnosed with some physical problems I don't see them interring with my ability to take on some new challenges. I have a friend who pretty much thumbs her nose at physical problems and does exactly what makes her happy. I am following her because she is a great leader and a loyal friend.

I know I need something new in my life, but at the moment am not sure what that will be. I'm sure it will involve writing because that's what makes me happy. I'll let you all know when the time comes.

In the meantime enjoy the remaining three days of 2016 and celebrate the fact that you are still here. Happy New Year everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment