Wednesday, May 7, 2014

On this day

On this day May 7, 2014 I finally realized what I am supposed to do with all the words I have written over the last 14 or so years. I also clearly see why my previously published works really didn't sell well. They weren't supposed to! All that work was waiting for a sibling that hadn't been written or even lived yet- until now.

I thought I was going to have the summer free to do nothing- wrong!

My project will be editing, editing, editing and writing a final chapter to the book I have been compiling for years.

There are a handful of souls whom I now believe have known for some time that this day would come. At least two of them are no doubt included in those souls that Mitch Albom referred to in his popular book, The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The first is a man who came into my life in 1999. Thomas Brito was a hypnotist who helped me put an end to a long standing nicotine addiction. He also helped me begin to rid my life of other negative addictions that gradually changed my life. The words I remember best are, "Do you ever read what you have written?"

Next is the husband of a friend, Frank Merrick, who one day after reading some work I had written, told his wife, "I wish Barbara would write a big book."

And last, but not least is a sometimes VERY annoying online friend, John Shivell, who among other suggestions said, "Check your archives."

Interesting isn't it that they are all men?!

So,on this day or very soon I will be spending my time on a project with the working title, My Life: All Together Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment