Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Materializing thoughts

I was aware that changes were about to come into my life, but the details were a bit foggy. I have been having thoughts lately about being sick of eating alone every night. It doesn't pay to eat out because I am still eating alone and the meal costs more than if I had stayed home. I am not looking for a husband. I did that for 40 years and have no desire to do it again- ever! I like taking care of myself and I have become very good at that job. It would be nice to have someone in my house besides my animals to talk to. My house and property are way too big for just me and is getting more difficult to care for with each passing year.

Apparently my recent thoughts have attracted the attention of universal energy. Yesterday my oldest son sent me an email that will address some of these issues in an interesting manner. The information wasn't totally unexpected, but it certainly will cause some changes in my everyday life.

Shortly after Obama took office my son, who is a Sgt.Major in the Army Reserve, was forced out of his job. I won't go into the details, but it was partly because he was about to retire and the Army didn't want to pay up. Now he has to wait until he is age 60 to get his retirement pay. He is now 53. Anyway, three years of trying to find a job, even working as a civilian in Kuwait for a year, equals no money, using up his savings and finally having to give up his house. I'm sure you know what his email asked.

To make a long story shorter, I will very soon be making room for a room mate of sorts. I see it as yet another lesson in control, just when I thought I was finished with that! Perhaps it is a test?

Any new situation has pros and cons and this one is no exception. It will give me a chance to see if I really have learned the difference between offering help and taking over the life of another. The most important thought I will have to keep in my mind is that I need to put myself and my needs before that of anyone else. Readers will just have to stay tuned in to see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment