Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Universal prompts

This has been an interesting day of receiving universal prompts. It could have something to do with yesterday's post about finding my voice after a 19 year journey. I omitted answering the question- what am I supposed to do now that I found it? The universe has an annoying way of prompting unanswered questions like that.

First thing this morning I clicked on a favorite hymn, Hear I am Lord, to accompany me while I did some stretching exercises. The song is left over from my past experience as a Catholic. There are words in the hymn that have always stuck in my mind.

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I hear you calling in the night
I will go Lord if you lead me
I will hold your people in my heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiGZ9j3OD88

Next I wrote some checks for bills, one of which was for my cable company. For some reason it reminded me to ask why I was not getting the music channels anymore. When I did I was told to bring in the cable box and they would replace it. Following their suggestion gave me a better picture, but still no music. I was tempted to just let it go until I realized I was paying for something I wasn't getting. A technician will address the problem on Friday with no charge to me.

Checking on Facebook brought me to a friend's new blog post. He had written a wonderful post comparing music with the energy patterns our thoughts send out. His blog, Bob's Unblocked Mind, can be found to the right on my blog list, if you would like to check it out. He is a very inspirational writer.

My next prompt was a beautiful photo of two humming birds who appeared to be singing to each other.

Moving on, another friend had posted a meaningful quote from Plato. It was, "Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue."

About this time I was thinking maybe my universal message was about music, which made little sense as I don't play an instrument and you really wouldn't want to hear me sing.

The last prompt (so far) was something I found while scrolling on Facebook.


 What do all these things have in common and what does that have to do with me?  As all of us have heard at one time or another during our life, "time to put on your thinking cap".

I've got it! ENERGY!!

Everything out there is energy; from the thoughts we think, the words we use, the songs we sing, the things we do and the things we choose not to do, it is all energy. What we put out is exactly what we get back.

I don't know about you, but I choose to use my energy for whatever good I can do while I still have the time.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment