Friday, November 12, 2010

Proud Grandma

Last night I took my grandson, Colin to a high school band concert to honor our veterans. As always the band, choir and band leader put on a wonderful performance. I made sure we sat so Colin could watch the drummer, his favorite instrument. When he was little I gave him a set of drums for Christmas and he loved them. Now he enjoys playing in his third grade music class. Who knows what I might have started!

The music was great and Colin was very attentive, but my proudest moment came toward the end of the program. A high school student with a strong bass voice read a one page excerpt from the Constitution. When I noticed it was also printed on the program I pointed it out to Colin and he followed every word with his finger.

The concert ended with a medley of Armed Forces songs. My little man stood up when the Army song was played to honor his Uncle Jeff, who is a Sergeant Major in the Army Reserve and the Navy song for his Uncle David, who had spent some time in that branch.

Do I have a cool grandson or what? I am very proud of him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment