Monday, November 1, 2010

Plastic Ducks

This year I did something different for Halloween. I helped with the carnival at our family center. It was a lot of fun. My assignment was the duck pond for little ones. Plastic ducks swimming in a wading pool had a number on their bottoms, which indicated which prize they had won.

The costumes were adorable, especially on the littlest ones. My favorite because it showed imagination was a balloon girl. Her body was covered with a clear plastic bag full of blown up balloons. The affect was really quite clever.

The tiniest participants didn't get the idea of picking a duck and turning it over to see the number. I had to fight some of them because they wanted to take my duck home. The funniest thing was a little girl who, before I could stop her, stuck her head into the water and picked up a duck with her teeth. Her mother laughed historically as her child stood with dripping hair and a plastic duck in her mouth, wondering what happened.

Most of the kids were very well behaved and it was a fun way to spend Halloween night. Usually I sit alone in my living room waiting for someone to ring the doorbell. Hardly anyone ever does and I end up eating the candy myself. This year a bunch of little plastic ducks saved me from consuming calories I don't really need.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for little blessings - as well as plastic ducks.

    ReplyDelete