Friday, November 6, 2020

Your pick

In a conversation with a friend this morning I said I really didn't care who wins the election. My friend said she did because she didn't want anyone messing with Social Security. According to her Biden would do that. Curious,I looked it up and discovered that Biden intended to raise taxes on the rich. Thinking back to her comment I wondered where she got her information from. She had made other comments that just sounded a bit fishy.

Due to the conversation I did rethink my comment that I no longer care who wins. I realized that I did want my candidate, Joe Biden to win. The reason is not so much for him, but for his choice of a running mate. Kamala Harris is more than qualified for the job because of her previous experiences. More than that I see the possibility of her eventually becoming the first female president of the United States. That is something I would like to see during my lifetime.

I really do not understand how Trump was elected in the first place. He had no qualifications to be president. It wasn't what he knows it was who he knows. Someone who has over and over been bankrupted should never hold the title of president of the United States. What kind of a leader is that?

Although my friend and I have different views about this election we respect each other's right to have them.    

To finish this post a couple of days later, it looks like Joseph Biden is the 46th president-elect of the United States. You go Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment