Sunday, November 15, 2020

Be present in the present

While reading a new Kindle book last night I came across a passage that caught my eye. It was; You can't worry about what comes next until you let the now happen. It  reminded me of the message Eckhart Tolle shared in his book, A New Earth. Be present in the now. 

In this pandemic we are all living in I think people tend to worry about tomorrow instead of doing everything they can to stay safe today. Worrying about tomorrow can and does cause anxiety. I know, I spent 15 years of my life suffering from panic attacks. In my case I now believe it was, at least partly due to a chemical imbalance, but once they start it is hard to stop them. 

I think the only control anyone has is right now. Just think of all the good things in your life and be grateful for them. Don't compare yourself with anyone else. They are not living your life. You are.

Don't worry about tomorrow, just do your best to live today!

No comments:

Post a Comment