Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Rise above it

Today I have been thinking about a former friend who used to tell me, "rise above it", when negative things happened. At the time I thought it was kind of cute. Now I'm thinking perhaps he was right. I suppose a more modern version would be, raise your vibration.

There is a lot of mucky stuff going on out there today and if you don't want to walk around in mud you have to step above it.

It is very disturbing to me that so many young people are taking their own lives. It is like there is a fan club for this kind of thing. Don't they realize that once they shoot the gun, take the pills or use that rope it will be the end of their life? I could be wrong, but I think a lot of this stuff is copycat behavior.

Bullying has been going on forever. There is nothing new about that. I spent my younger years being bullied. I had crooked teeth and began wearing glasses at about four years old. I had almost no self-confidence, partly due to a mother who criticized everything I did. I never once thought about killing myself.

I think I blame the school system for a lot of what is going on these days. I am not blaming the teachers. They have to follow the curriculum, set up by those above them, who mostly have never taught a class of children in their lives. We are producing a bunch of sheep and are not only destroying their ability to think for themselves, but their natural creativity. Teachers can't even lay a hand on a student for fear of getting themselves fired.

This ends my soap box stand for today except to say- RISE ABOVE IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment