Thursday, May 23, 2019

Graduation

With the end of this school year one day away I am thinking about all the students who are deciding what they are going to do with the rest of their lives. It has been 63 years since I stood on that stage and accepted that rolled piece of paper, telling the world that I had completed 12 years of formal education.

I have watched as my three grown children did the same, although not on the same stage. In another year my youngest grandchild will follow in our footsteps.

It is a whole different world than it was in 1956 and today's graduates have many choices, as they step into the world as adults. Some will go on to college and seek a degree. Some will go to trade schools and the like to pursue what they feel they are good at. Some will just plain screw up and waste the rest of their lives.

Whatever happens in the lives of today's graduates, I wish them all well. May they make good choices on their journey's.


No comments:

Post a Comment