Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Wait for it

In talking to a friend the other day she related that her motto is, "if you want it done right do it yourself". I know the feeling because I tend to follow that path too. Although sometimes it would have been better if I had waited for someone else to do their share.

Three weeks ago I had someone repair damage done to my living room ceiling from a roof leak. It took several applications of what the roofer called mud to  make it look like the rest of the ceiling, but it still needed to be painted. I bought a gallon of paint with the hope that it would match the previous paint.

Over the weekend I taped the entire ceiling and with a small brush painted along the tape.I had to use a ladder because I am not tall enough to reach without it. I had thought my son would do the rest of the painting.Well he didn't!

Yesterday I decided to do it myself. I kept telling myself, "you can do it". After moving all the furniture out of the way and covering the almost new carpet with plastic I was ready to begin, even though my heart was not in the job. I started by painting the section that had been repaired. I noticed that it was only slightly different from the old paint. I decided to leave it and get a second opinion whether it was necessary to paint the entire ceiling.

It was decided that it was close enough. By that time my leg and foot, which I already had a problem with, was hurting from climbing up and down the ladder.

Yesterday I removed the tape and thought to myself, what a waste of time and energy. I have been in pain for three days and this morning I was thinking, if I had just waited I could have saved myself a lot of negative energy.

Did I learn a lesson? We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment