Tuesday, October 2, 2018

From the past

Sifting through some previous blog posts I found one I wrote in 2012. Lately it seems things are coming back in interesting ways. I decided to share a portion of the observations from six years ago. The post was originally titled, "Step by step".

In 1999 a new friend loaned me his copy of Richard Bach's, "Illusions". I was told it was the story of a reluctant messiah. Today I am wondering why he chose to give me this particular book. I had no desire to be a messiah. What in the heck is a messiah anyway? I suppose in the simplest terms it is a leader. In any case this book opened up a brand new path for me to walk on, step by step. 

Bach's unique spiritual perception and unusual writing style immediately captured my attention. Without his knowledge he became my mentor. His example taught me to never be afraid to express what is on my mind and to learn to write from my heart. It didn't matter what anyone else thought because I was not writing for the unbelievers. I gradually grew to accept the fact that I had a message to share and would be given the means to accomplish my mission. All I had to do was take every opportunity that came along, step by step. 

Years after reading "Illusions" I am very proud of my accomplishments. It doesn't mean that I am a better writer than anyone else; it simply means I willingly followed the real Messiah and in doing so I also became a leader for others to follow.

I find it very interesting that so many things from the past have recently been coming back. Why this is true I do not know. It is almost as if the universe is giving me another chance or perhaps it is simply a mirror, reminding me of how far I have come in the last twenty years.

Someone once made the comment "stuff happens". Yes it does and it is up to us just how we react to it. As I look back on the last twenty years I can see that I didn't always make the wisest of choices, but for the most part I am pleased with myself and the things I have accomplished, step by step. 

1 comment:

  1. The circle of life. It is unbroken however it is always changing. You inspire people with your words. I am o e of those people blessed by knowing you. And I thank you For all you share.

    ReplyDelete