Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A frustrating adventure

The last few days have not only been frustrating but expensive!  My computer gave me a warning that the hard drive was about to go out. Wonderful! It was a refurbished computer and should have been updated a long time ago. It couldn't have come at a worse time as I am trying to save money to get a new roof on my house next spring or summer.

To make a long story short my son and I went to Walmart and found a new one within my price range. I am grateful that he is computer knowledgeable and got it hooked up and ready to go. Then we discovered that my old monitor was not going to work with it. So back to Walmart to get a new one.

Although everything is now working my son decided it needed more memory and another item (not sure what that is) that will make it run better.

So yesterday I thought everything was going to work well, but I was wrong! My internet provider decided to pick that day to play some games and the service kept going on and off for several hours. Every time I got ready to type something it was off.

I am sincerely hoping all goes well today because I am still attempting to get used to my new toy. It does, after all, make up a large part of my social life. Even though this has been a frustrating adventure it has been a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment