Monday, October 8, 2018

Keep your word

One of the most important traits to me is keeping your word when you give it. One of the nicest compliments I have ever received was from someone who really didn't like me very much. She said, "you always keep your word even when you later change your mind". Yes I do.

Wondering what other people had to say about the subject, I googled it. It offered some interesting quotes that I want to share.

People with good intentions make promises. People with character keep them.

When you don't keep your word you lose credibility.

Not keeping your word is a quick way to get cut off.

Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile and a grateful heart.

Keep your word. When you say you will do something and don't do it you teach others (including yourself) that you cannot be trusted.

So it appears that I am in good company and I value the company of like minded people who also keep their word when given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment