Sunday, October 14, 2018

New direction

Something unexpected popped into my head and I decided to follow through with an idea that took my prior local writing group in a new direction. I had recently sent out feelers to start a new group and got nothing in return. I decided the idea was no longer going to work. Well that sucks I thought!

My guide Richard, who always comes to my aid when I get stuck, apparently saw my disappointment and offered a new idea I had not considered before.

Today I created an online writing group and began by inviting some Facebook friends to join. You have to start somewhere! It is called Write On and I chose a lotus blossom as a picture to go along with the title. It is a beautiful flower that has its start in mud. I wonder is there a message there?

I am hoping to attract ordinary people who may never have had a chance to write.The only rules are respect and support of what others write. I actually stole that word respect from my children's writing camp. It was the only rule we had and it worked for the kids. I also stole the idea of suggesting a changing prompt, from my adult writing group.

Perhaps everything I had already experienced was simply practice. Could be!

I have a strong feeling this new group idea is going to work. I believe it is what I am supposed to be doing. It's pretty cool that members will be from all over the world instead of just those from my little town of Grants, NM.

Moving on seems to be the direction I am supposed to be taking. Also joining me as an administrator is my long time friend, Lois M., whose mantra is "onward and upward". 

No comments:

Post a Comment