Sunday, December 24, 2017

Happy birthday Uncle Jeff

Yesterday I loaned my kitchen to my grandson, Colin. I offered minimal assistance as he constructed a birthday cake for his uncle, who will be 57 on Christmas day. I remember that day quite well.

Colin began by making a chocolate cake mix. After it cooled he took it apart with his hands and smushed it into a ball which was then mixed with chocolate frosting. I should have taken a picture of his hands when this step was finished. One would have thought he had been playing in the mud.

The last step was to flatten it into a smaller dish and spread cherry frosting on top, finishing it up with sprinkles and candles. Below is a picture of his masterpiece, now hiding out in a closet waiting for dessert tomorrow night.


Great job Colin I hope Uncle Jeff appreciates your gift!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Colin! You're brilliant!

    ..and it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete