Thursday, December 28, 2017

A sneak peek

For several years I have kept a little book of over 50 pictures of some of the people I wrote about while I was a columnist for the Cibola Beacon.

The little book still had many empty pages. As I gave some thought as to just how I could fill them an idea came to me. Since I opened my Facebook account in 2009 I have made many friends from all over the world. Some are still in my life in one way or another. I decided to think about the ones who have been the most important or offered the most advice/support over the years.

Next I took a sneak peek into their photo albums, one by one. I chose the photo that best represented the person I know as my friend to copy, print and add to my little book. I ended up with about 20 pictures, but some had more than one person in them.

I'm sure that some of the people would not be happy with the picture I picked. I know of at least one male who would rush to tear his up, as it is the one he likes the least. It is also the one I like the best because it shows him smiling and appearing to be very relaxed.

 I also added two pictures of male cousins that I connected with through ancestry.com this year. Interestingly, one is on the paternal side and the other is on the maternal side of my family. You just never know what can happen when you take a step into the unknown.

My little book is still not completely full, but then my life is also far from over.



No comments:

Post a Comment