Saturday, December 23, 2017

As I look back

We only have 8 more days in 2017. Where has the year gone I wonder. There are a few souls who began the year and moved on to hopefully a more peaceful place. There are some new souls who have been added as friends. I certainly have had my share of medical adventures this year and I hope 2018 settles down a bit. I'm getting tired of the focus.

One of the things I am most grateful for is the opportunity of being part of social media. Who would have thought as I was growing up that a new invention like computers would be an important part of my life. It has allowed me to connect with friends all over the world. The part I enjoy the most is watching the families develop. I have been able to enjoy the children and grandchildren and even their pets grow up.

Not having a lot of money for travel this is a very special gift.

This year I even found, through Ancestry.com, over two hundred cousins I didn't know I had. A couple of them actually became friends.The site also helped to clear up some life long questions. One of which I would just as soon have left in the past.

As the clock clicks down on another year I look forward with gratitude to new experiences and the opportunity to meet new people who just might become friends.

In closing I would like to share a poem I wrote in 1999 titled Take Time to be a Friend.

How long does it take to be a friend?
To share a thought, a dream, a plan, a life
To offer a smile, an ear, a shoulder, a hug
To gently guide, support, defend, respect
To help, to love, to pray for the other
How long does it take to be a friend?
A moment or a lifetime.
         BLG 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment