Thursday, February 16, 2017

Up or down makes a difference

Sometimes things happen in my daily life that are just plain funny when I have had a chance to digest them. Yesterday was one of those days. When we don't have all the facts our conclusions can be off just a bit.

For the last few weeks I have been going to a chiropractor to try to get my neck to stay aligned. Granted part of the problem is that it has been way too long since I visited her office and therefore It is going to take awhile for the vertebrae to settle down. It is slowly getting better but patience has never been one of my positive traits.

Yesterday she asked me if I spent a lot of time on the computer and I said yes. She replied that looking down for long periods of time was probably contributing to the problem. I agreed and said I had recently been forcing myself to get up and move around. I am also aware that sitting for long periods is not good for my back, or anyone's for that matter. Long formed habits are hard to break.

When I got home and sat down at my computer I realized my chiropractor must think I have a laptop. I have a PC and don't look down to see the screen, I look up or out. I began to think about what I do or have done that would cause me to look down for long periods. I believe I have it figured out! It's all that crocheting I did in the weeks before the holidays. It caused my neck to be pretty much rooted in one spot for hours at a time. Although it's nice to make things to give to others it is not very smart to intentionally do something that I  now know is contributing to a serious physical problem.

It looks as if I am going to have to find a new way of looking at things because up or down does make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment