Thursday, February 9, 2017

Change is in the picture

After posting the previous information about making and donating baby caps I quickly crocheted about a dozen and took them to the maternity ward today. I was met by the person in charge who said, "Oh my goodness I already have a backlog". She shared that they just haven't had many babies born in the last couple of months.

I had to laugh because lately I have had a problem with my neck and need to back off of crocheting because it is not helping the problem. I was relieved that I could do exactly that and not feel guilty.

On the way home I was thinking about what else I could do to use my talents. In the past I have sewn little dresses for Africa, but I can't do that anymore as Grants no longer has a store that sells fabric. That really is a shame as there are many craft people who live here. Older people who no longer drive have a problem getting to Albuquerque or Gallup.

In the past I have also worked at Future Foundations keeping an eye on the kids in the after school program. I have never been so disrespected in my life by staff as well as some of the children. I couldn't get paid enough to do that again.  It made me wonder what goes on in people's houses nowadays.

I have also directed two writing groups, one for senior citizens and one for children. Although that was fun it was hard to keep the participants interested on a regular basis. Everybody seems to have too many other things to do and they don't want to be pinned down.

I'm still thinking about what to do with the free time I have on my hands. I do spend a lot of time on Facebook but with all the current political posts I am slowly losing interest. I may take a break for awhile.

For some strange reason today I ordered new business cards from a company I had used before. I have no clue what I need them for, but they are very upbeat with a background of spring blossoms. When my human mind and my soul mind get together perhaps I will find out what the new change in the picture is going to be. Until then I will just use my imagination and see what pops up.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment