Monday, February 6, 2017

Just a little bit

If you have a little bit of time, a little bit of baby yarn and a little bit of a desire to do something nice for your community I have an idea. I have been told it puts a smile on the face of every new mother at your local hospital when they receive one.

I know I have posted this picture before, but I am making another stab at inspiring others to join me. I took a little break during the holidays for other projects I was working on but now I am back to the new born babies. This time I am including the simple instructions.



Use H (U.S.) crochet hook and baby yarn

Round 1:Ch 2,12 DC in first ch, join with slip stitch
Round 2:Ch 2; DC in same stitch, 2 DC in next and each stitch around, join
Round 3:Ch 2, DC in same stitch, 1 DC in next,( 2 DC in next, 1 DC in next) around, join
Round 4:Ch 2, DC in same stitch, (1 DC in next,1 DC in next 3) around, join
Round 5-10:Ch 2, DC in each stitch around, join
Round 11:Ch 1, SC in each stitch around, join, finish off
For variety round 11 can be made with contrasting yarn.

1-2-3 crochet!!

Note: The reason these caps have ridges between rows is that they were crocheted into the back loops instead of both loops. Either way is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment