Saturday, February 25, 2017

One thing always leads to another


While remembering the quote, "You will never understand something until it happens to you" I began thinking of my daughter who will turn 38 this fall. I was slightly older than that when I discovered I was pregnant with her. I was 41when she was born. After two much older boys I was thrilled to find out I was finally carrying a girl. She went on to have her only child when she was 22. She then had a device planted in her body because she decided she didn't care to deal with the pain of delivering anymore children.

Knowing that our Creator sometimes does some crazy things I began fantasizing what if she suddenly found out she was pregnant? The thought made me laugh because things like that happen all the time. We both knew someone whose husband had a vasectomy and ended up giving birth to twins. I know my grandson would love it because he never wanted to be an only child.

Anyway this fantasy led to my thinking about quotes to live by and I remembered something a former massage therapist said to me during a treatment. It was, "you don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders". Do I do that? Maybe!

Following this trend of thought I used my trusty computer and looked up some quotes to live by, which I will now share. As the saying goes- "if the shoe fits etc."

The strongest people are not those that show strength in front of us, but those who win battles we know nothing about.

Sometimes you don't realize you're actually drowning when you're trying to be everyone else's anchor.

Just because I'm strong enough to handle pain doesn't mean I deserve it.

I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Never apologize for trusting your intuition- your brain can play tricks, your heart can be blind, but your gut is always right.

It always seems impossible until it's done.

...and one of my favorites:

Some people really suck- avoid them!
 

   

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the quotes!

    I love quotes! One of my favorites is from Helen Keller: "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." And then there's the one I put on my son's bedroom door so he had to read it every time he walked through it - attributed to Mark Twain: "Never let school interfere with your education." which is a play on his actual quote but it was apropos for my son at the time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have put one about picking up your clothes on my daughter's door!

      Delete