Friday, February 3, 2017

Agree to disagree

This morning I was sitting in my chiropractor's office while her assistant applied a treatment to my sore neck. We tried to start a conversation when I suddenly remembered a Facebook post about Mexico's President planning to build a tunnel under President Trump's proposed wall between the US and Mexico. I thought it was funny, she did not respond.

 I replied, I could be talking to a Trump supporter. To which she replied, Yes you are.

She then stated she thought he was going to be a good president. My next statement was, I feel he will be assassinated. She then replied, " felt the same way about Obama". I said, "I did too, during his first term".

We then went on to other matters, discussing a variety of things including, children, grandchildren and guns. There was no yelling, cussing or calling each other names. We were simply expressing our individual opinions.

We parted agreeing to disagree about some things and wishing each other a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment