Thursday, November 10, 2016

Hate is not who I am

Wow yesterday was a day packed with negative energy. When I woke up and saw who had been elected as the next president of the United States it made me sick. Although I didn't vote for either of the two leading candidates I never thought the results could come to this. How a country could elect a person so full of hate is hard for me to digest.

This morning I realized he is only one man and he does not represent who I am. I am not a hateful person and I never could be. I might have reason to have bad feelings toward certain people, but I do not allow them to turn to hate. I don't even wish for anything negative to happen to them because they are following their own path and it really has nothing to do with me.

I just read a friend's Facebook post about this subject. He has plenty of personal reasons to let hate spill over to who was elected president yesterday, but he is not doing that. He is going to continue to live his life as the loving person that he is. I am very grateful to know this man and follow in his foot steps.

Whoever sits in the oval office as of January 20, 2017 will not change who I am or how I will live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment