Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Happy talk

I ran across this quote this morning and it got my attention. I'm no longer going to be critical of myself, because I understand that there are many people out there that are willing to do that for me.

I grew up with a very critical mother who apparently thought it was her job to criticize every thing I did. I just realized her words are still affecting my life. I keep forgetting she died 29 years ago.

A friend recently told me about the book, Heal Your Body, by Louise Hay. In a conversation I told her I feel as if I want to move forward, but something is holding me back. I said I suspect it is me. She checked the book regarding my recent leg pain and it said that indicates "fear of the future". Wow how right on can one be? The book offered a way of rephrasing my self-talk.

After tweaking the suggestion just a little my new mantra is  "I move forward with confidence knowing that all is well in my life". I also ordered a copy of the book so I can check out other physical ailments that I have had. during this life. I have always wondered why I had mastoid (ear) surgery when I was about six.

Making a list of ailments in preparation of the book arriving I  realized they all had one thing in common. I had survived! They were all in the past so why am I still dealing with them?

I would say it is definitely time to choose happy talk and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment