Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Just say thank you

I had a recent experience that I am still tossing around in my mind.

I gave a gift to someone that I am quite sure is going through a very stressful period, because I am a nice person. The gift received no acknowledgement not even a simple thank you.

Now I know gifts are not supposed to be given with the thought of receiving anything in return, but seriously how hard is it to say a simple thank you? It is one of the basic things parents are supposed to teach their children.

When you don't even acknowledge something a person has given you or done for you it is like a slap in the face and makes the giver feel as though they shouldn't have bothered. How rude!

So my conclusion to this situation is that it clearly shows the character of a person who would ignore an opportunity to simply say thank you. And I  suppose the other fact is that I am only responsible for myself and what I choose to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment