Saturday, January 18, 2014

Not again!

Having finished a full week of work after being off for two weeks I assumed my ill health last weekend was in the past. That was until I woke up in the middle of the night and could barely move my upper left leg. It was really fun trying to figure out how to get out of bed. Something similar happened a few years when I had pulled a muscle in my knee. Eventually grabbing a makeshift cane I managed to hobble around. Since I had missed my grandson's basketball game last Saturday I was not going to let that happen again. Call me stubborn, but those games are important to me.

After I managed to get upright (I'm glad there was no video camera present) I attacked what appeared to be a pulled muscle with massage, muscle rub and ice. Eventually I was able to let go of the makeshift cane and the situation seemed to be getting better, not great just better. After breakfast I gave in and took an Ibuprofen, something I almost never do. Just for good measure I decided to click on a site I used to use to balance my chakras.

I was so upset at the possibility of missing another game, I just kept repeating, "I am going no matter what!!"

The game was at 11:00 AM and I was there sitting in the front row of the bleachers. I even managed to briefly stop by the grocery store to pick up a few things on the way home.

Living a fairly healthy life I am always thrown off balance when something like this happens. It causes me to think about all the people around my age, who have to deal with debilitating pain every day of their life. It also causes me to be grateful for the life I am living.

No comments:

Post a Comment