Sunday, January 5, 2014

Escape from control

I love the Shakespeare quote: "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages." I always stopped at the first part, so I never got the full meaning of the quote. The men and women he was referring to are all one person. This morning I am wondering if his ages of man are what scientists refer to as the DNA changes we experience every seven years.

In any case during those seven stages there are people who are placed before us to get our attention. I suppose they could be called road blocks. In my life I can clearly see who they were and that they all had one purpose. That purpose was to give me a choice of standing up tall or surrendering to their belief that there is something wrong with me. Perhaps I have a guardian angel, a determined guide or even a deceased soul mate who decided to give me a push in a positive direction when I was in doubt as to how to react to an experience. I see that I have always been protected from serious harm and I am grateful.

In no particular order (except of course the first) this is some of what I have been given as road blocks: a critical parent, an uncaring brother, a womanizer, an alcoholic, controlling friends, manipulating relatives, a hypnotist, a religious fanatic and I can't leave out groups including the Catholic Church. Wow that's a lot of energy just to get me to see that they were ALL WET!

Yes, all the world is a stage and I have the starring role. My mission all along has been to prove to the doubters that there is absolutely nothing wrong with me. I have escaped from your control and I am walking in a different direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment