Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Surprise Thank You

Today is turning out to be a super day. On returning from walking this morning I found a surprise on my front doorstep. It was a box with a card on top. Wondering who might have left it I ever so briefly pondered if it might be from my daughter, who decided a couple of months ago not to speak to me. Opening the card I found a very sweet thank you note from an even sweeter young woman who is a few years younger than my daughter. The box contained a beautiful crystal vase.

Although it is personal I am sure Mayka will not mind my sharing the contents of her note. She has somehow always been mentioned in my writings over the years. She was for several years a neighbor of mine and one of the girls I was responsible for in my short stint as a Mother Advisor for the International Order of Rainbow for Girls.

Barbara,
I wanted to thank you for always being supportive. You always remembered my birthdays & my graduation. It was important to me. I also want to thank you for allowing me to be a part of your writings, books & life. You have motivated me to continue my dreams and being a strong independent woman.
Again Thank You,
Mayka


After high school graduation Mayka went on to realize her dream of becoming a trauma nurse and I am very proud of her. It was not easy, but she stayed focused and made it.

Thank you Mayka for your thoughtful gesture. You made my day-week-month!! Stay as sweet as you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment