Monday, October 11, 2010

Ring Ring

Listening to Cynthia Brennen’s talk radio show this morning, titled "Understanding Your Dreams", brought interesting insight into my immediate vision. Her guest, Velva Lee Heraty AKA: Dream Momma, is the author of The Dream Belongs to the Dreamer.

The main fact that I left the show with is that our dreams are symbolic and are meant to provide insight and balance in our life. They are not meant to be taken literally.

Velva Lee shared a dream from one of her clients that got my attention. A woman had a recurring dream about a phone that wouldn’t stop ringing. The interpretation was that she was the phone always acting as the switchboard, connecting her family members. The dream could have been mine. Ever since I was a teenager I have assumed that role and blamed myself when it didn’t work out.

The thought of operating a switchboard caused me to think of Lily Tomlin and her comic portrayal of Ernestine the telephone operator. She was always sticking her nose into everyone’s business, even when it was not her job to do so. Truth has its roots in comedy.

I know the reason I was led to listen to Cindy’s program today. I clearly saw by looking at the life of someone else what I need to do in my own life. The role I assumed has been exhausting and it is time to let it go.

The next time my phone rings maybe it will be someone offering me a chance to experience a brand new exciting adventure- just for me.

5 comments:

  1. Better that than someone asking if you'd like to change your network provider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Or the political calls I keep getting James!

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{Snort. Snort.}}
    One ringy-dingy. Two ringy-dingy.
    Hello. Ernestine here.
    {{Snort. Snort.}}

    Glad that the show spoke to you, Barbara.

    When we keep our eyes and ears open, we see far more than we did before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Nancy messages are all over the place. We just need to stay awake!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete