Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It Gets Better and Better

Today is all about good news! After receiving my surprise thank you this morning I kept an appointment I had made to discuss my Wellness Fair blood test results with my primary care doctor. As some of you know I have been upset because my cholesterol and triglyceride levels were much higher than last year, but still within normal levels. I have been researching the problem and for the last two weeks have done everything I thought was necessary; eliminating what I read were bad foods and adding those that I read were good foods.

My doctor's visit started out great. First the scale told me I had lost a few pounds since my last visit- yea! Next my blood pressure was perfect 118/74.

I decided I would stick around for the discussion I had made the appointment for. Actually the first question I asked was, when is the best time to take blood pressure medication? According to a recent Dr.Oz program night is best. My Doctor said, "It doesn't matter as long as it is taken every day at about the same time." She added, "People who take it in the morning are less likely to forget."

The first thing out of her mouth after looking at her computer screen was, "Your cholesterol is great!" I'm sure my mouth was opened as I responded, "How can you say that?" I have been worried because it is up from last year. As a way of explaining she said, "Even when you have fasted, the results depend on what you have eaten for the last few days. The levels change daily." Yours are fine!

I told her all the things I had done because I was worried, apparently about nothing, and was informed all I really had to do was take fish oil, which I do, and eat fatty foods in moderation. I also learned it is not the sugar it is the fat in foods that is the problem.

As a result of such a great appointment and a great day I am going to treat myself to Chinese tonight, one of my favorite foods. I'm also eating the fortune cookie which just might provide a great message to top off a day that just gets better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment