Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ageless

Lately I have been acquiring many new friends and I just realized that the majority of them are somewhere around 20 to 30 years younger than I am. Interesting huh? Is the Universe trying to tell me something? No doubt it is.

Actually my whole adult life has always been a little off kilter with my peers age wise. Perhaps that is because at 40 God decided it was time that I had another child and I agreed. While my peers were getting ready to finish their job as active parents I was going to start all over again. I believe this decision has kept me younger than I would otherwise have been. It has kept me connected with a younger generation and I love it!

I have always thought that age is only a number between birth an death. I have decided that I want to die very old, as young (at heart) as possible! It appears there are some famous people who agree that we can be ageless.

"And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

"It is not the length of life, but the depth of life." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"May you live all the days of your life." Jonathan Swift

"To me old age is always 15 years older than I am." Bernard M. Baruch

"To be 70 years young is sometimes far more cheerful than to be 40 years old." Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment