Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mind Games

For the last week I have been making a concentrated effort to lower my triglyceride level. I have checked many web sites for helpful information. I am quite aware that my enemy is sugar and all the tasty treats I have been consuming for several months. So far I have not even eaten one single cookie. Good for me!!

One of the sites I checked out suggested making one day a week a cheat day in which I could eat whatever I wanted to. The idea really annoyed me. How can a cheat day be a positive move for anyone? I can see allowing a single “something” after six days of playing by the new rules, but I wouldn’t refer to it as cheating. How about a reward day for good behavior?

It reminded me of watching the “Biggest Loser” last night. They were all given an opportunity to eat their way through cupcakes, which apparently contained clues for a payoff of some kind. In my mind the real winners were the ones who chose not to participate.

You can't cheat your way to success. Your body knows you better than you know yourself!

3 comments:

  1. I agree totally. Weeks of cheating myself of a decent night's sleep caught up with me. I now believe that your body, in its own way, will make you do the things it needs you to do. If you don't, it may decide to let go of you completely.

    And that wouldn't be nice, would it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    You've a very wonderful weblog. To turn out to be a effective human being the essential issue should be to have positive thinking.

    ReplyDelete