Sunday, June 20, 2010

Test Pilot


Last Sunday I began thinking about how I could be a little cooler this summer. I do not have air conditioning and sometimes it gets pretty hot in my house. Another consideration was money, which is always a piece of the puzzle when I want to do something. I'm not complaining because it usually makes me more creative. New challenges actually make me happy.

I checked out free standing hammocks on line. There were several that I liked, but I don't like paying extra for shipping. I decided to put my search on the back burner for awhile. At least I had put the thought out there for the universe to know I was thinking about it.

Monday morning after my usual hour walk at our family center I stopped by the grocery store. As I approached the entrance I noticed large boxes containing all kinds of interesting patio equipment. I followed my intuition and in the middle of the boxes I saw a free standing hammock, just like the one I had thought of ordering. It was even the same color and slightly cheaper. Coincidence? I don't think so.

As I was standing at the check-stand to pay for my groceries the hammock kept calling my name. I couldn't resist. Next challenge- can I assemble it myself or do I need help? My thought was, "Oh come on you aren't stupid just follow the directions step by step!" The pep talk worked and although it took a little longer than it would have taken most men it fits perfectly under my trees. Of course, anyone following my blog knows my test pilot was my grandson, Colin!

No comments:

Post a Comment