Sunday, January 29, 2023

Are you my parent?

For some time I have wondered if the parents, family, I assumed were mine really were. This question may seem strange to others, but I think it is a valid one. It is entirely possible that babies were mixed up in the small hospital where i was born. It is something I will never know for sure as everyone is now deceased, even my brother. Speaking of my brother, 13 months younger than I was, a female recently emailed and said she found out he was her father. Really? He didn't even know she existed before he died. She used someone who was in the know to do a DNA search. How is that possible when the person in question is no longer living? There is a lot of strange stuff going on at ancestry.com People write whatever they feel like. My own daughter has some false information listed, but she refuses to fix it.

Back to my situation. I have never felt close to either my parents or my brother, who are now deceased. I think that is a little strange! I remember my mother saying that a woman wanted to adopt me when I was little. I think that is more than a little strange too! Another strange thing is that I do not look like other members of my immediate family. They are all short and stout and I am tall and thin.

I wonder if I actually discovered that I grew up in the wrong family, what would I do? I believe I would just use the information to answer some questions and leave things the way they are. I mean at age 85 what difference does it make? I know who my children are and that is all that counts. I don't think, like a couple of others in my so called family, I would clomp onto relatives that were not part of my growing up. That's just freaky!

So I guess I will never know if my parents were really my parents or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment