Friday, January 1, 2021

And we begin again

The first day of the new year began rather oddly with a phone call, informing me that the water would be shut off in our side of town, for 8-10 hours.Wonderful I thought, as I found it to be true when I turned on the faucet in the kitchen. The oddness doesn't stop there. We had invited a couple of friends for dinner tonight because my son wanted to do some grilling. When I woke up this morning I had a strong feeling that this was not the right day for the invite.

After the phone call from the city I asked my son if he thought I should call my friend and postpone the dinner invitation to tomorrow. He said yes, so I made the call to update my friend, who was fine with the change. For some strange reason I was happy too.

I had been waiting weeks to have a much needed haircut and have an appointment in the morning. About an hour after I called my friend our water was restored. Not knowing if it might go off again, we decided to leave the dinner invitation for tomorrow. Cool, now I will have a brand new haircut and feel much more presentable! I am wondering if this is why I knew this was not the right day for guests?

Intuition is sometimes a very weird thing! It appears mine just got stronger in 2021.


No comments:

Post a Comment