Thursday, January 14, 2021

Speak up

 Great things happen when you learn to speak up for yourself. This has been an interesting week partly because I have been practicing speaking up for myself.

On Monday I had a phone visit with my PA. I haven't been in for a person to person visit for months. I was prepared with sharing what my blood pressure has been doing and with some questions. Daniel was very happy with the BP information. I asked him if he was ok with going back to a combo prescription instead of taking two pills every day. He was. I also asked him to switch my prescription from Walmart to Walgreens. I stated I was really tired of having to stand in line in the cold just to go to the pharmacy. Later that day I stopped by the Walgreen drive up to get my new prescription. I was informed that if I went inside the store I could get a card that was $20 a year to cut my prescriptions basically in half.

Tuesday I finally got my appointment with the MVD to renew my drivers license. A previous appointment had been canceled for some reason. I complained that a friend who is the same age does not have to have a yearly eye exam and asked why I do. The visit went well and I was told that as long as I could pass the vision test I no longer had to have a yearly eye exam. Well, thank you for small favors, since we no longer have an eye doctor in Grants and I don't drive to Albuquerque or Gallup. Because of my age I do have to renew my license yearly though. Can't have everything I guess!

Today I stopped by Walgreens to get the discount card I had been told about. I also mentioned that my PA had prescribed my BP medication monthly. The pharmacist replied, "I can fix that and preceded to make it for 90 days. Yes! He told me I could pick up the first 90 day prescription today if I wanted to, which would give me 4 months worth of pills. I said, "I might as well since I am here!" So now I don't have to go back for a refill until May 2021.  

Having finished all my errands I called my mechanic and said I need to have someone look at my car because it is still not running right. He said bring it in tomorrow morning. So that is where I will be heading. This year isn't so bad after all, I just needed to learn to speak up for myself!     

No comments:

Post a Comment